PWK Private Wealth provides strategic wealth advisory services across the entire spectrum of financial affairs. By putting in place comprehensive structures and strategies we seek to ensure clients achieve financial independence over the long-term.
WEALTH CREATION AND PRESERVATION
We understand that wealth is not created overnight. To achieve financial independence, you need to have worked hard and made sacrifices over a long period of time. However hard work by itself is often not sufficient, and a key step is a conscious decision to get advice. This is where we can help.
We advise you on establishing your financial goals and how to attain them, and which structure and investment strategy will allow you to best realise the benefits of your hard work. An effective long-term wealth creation or preservation plan must consider the following issues:
- What structures are most suitable to accumulate or protect your wealth?
- How much do you need to accumulate to meet your desired lifestyle requirements?
- Given your current situation, and future obligations, how long will it take to achieve your goals?
- What additional strategies are necessary to ensure you attain your desired capital target?
- How much risk is required in order for you to achieve the return necessary to meet your goals?
- What investment philosophy and strategy best suits your needs?
- Are you adequately insured to ensure you and your family’s goals will always be met?
- Does your estate plan deal with the ongoing control and succession of your various assets?
Our investment management philosophy is centered on:
ACTIVE ASSET ALLOCATION
We adopt an active approach to asset allocation especially when the underlying fundamentals suggest particular asset classes will either over, or under, perform their longterm average returns in the immediate future. This enables us adjust portfolios quickly in times of market turbulence.
Everyone’s situation is different. The ability to tailor a portfolio to personal circumstances or goals is essential to being able to meet requirements. All investment portfolios always remain in the client’s own name and are individually managed in line with their personal goals and targets.
DIRECT INVESTMENT PHILOSOPHY
We believe a predominantly direct investment style portfolio provides significant cost savings and consistent tax advantages especially with the ability to control annual income, franking credits and capital gains tax outcomes.
As a privately owned firm, we believe it is imperative to be able to select from the widest range of investments possible in order to construct a “best of breed” portfolio. Effective portfolio management requires a portfolio to be tailored to meet the clients risk profile while striving to offer the best, after-tax and after-fees, investment return over the long-term.
including Self-Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSF’s)
The use of superannuation, and Self-Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSF’s) in particular, are key structures in which successful people focus the accumulation of their future wealth.
- However the continuing changes to superannuation rules and regulations have increased complexity in this area and getting specialist advice is essential. Our principal advisers can advise you on all aspects of maximising your superannuation benefits, including:
the establishment and ongoing management of SMSF’s;
- the construction and implementation of SMSF investment strategies;
- the development of annual superannuation contribution strategies;
- management of SMSF and wholesale super fund investment portfolios; and
- ensuring your superannuation benefits are properly incorporated into your estate plan.
RISK PROTECTION AND INSURANCE
Australians are notoriously underinsured and, as your financial affairs become more complex, the potential impact of an adverse ]event increases. Unemployment, sickness and tragedy can all restrict your ability to meet your cashflow obligations. Selling assets at firesale prices and potentially even leaving a tax burden for other family members are often unfortunate consequences of such events.
- At PWK Private Wealth we look at your financial situation, and current and future obligations, to ensure you have the right cover and that adverse events have no further negative financial impact. We have access to the following Insurance cover from all the major providers;
- Total and Permanent Disability (TPD)
- Income Protection
- Business Expenses Insurance
ESTATE AND SUCCESSION PLANNING
Estate and Succession Planning is a complex area and consideration needs to be given to:
- the value of your assets;
- the special needs of any of your beneficiaries;
- the complexity of your investment, super or business structures; and
- the need to minimise the tax liability of your estate for your beneficiaries.
An estate plan can also provide you with the comfort of knowing that your wishes will be carried out precisely as planned should anything adverse happen to you in the future. This can benefit family members who otherwise may face the burden of making decisions in a difficult time. We work in conjunction with specialist solicitors to ensure your Estate Plan is in line with your wishes.